March 5, 2010

Books I've read lately

My daughter just finished her internship at Milkweed Editions and as a thank you they gave her 6 books. She thought of me and got Driftless by David Rhodes for me. It is probably the best book I've read in 10 years.

Review from Good Reads

The few hundred souls who inhabit Words, Wisconsin, are an extraordinary cast of characters. The middle-aged couple who zealously guards their farm from a scheming milk cooperative. The lifelong invalid, crippled by conflicting emotions about her sister. A cantankerous retiree, haunted by childhood memories after discovering a cougar in his haymow. The former drifter who forever alters the ties that bind a community. In his first novel in 30 years, David Rhodes offers a vivid and unforgettable look at life in small-town America.

My next pick for you is by Gwen Santagate, 10 Secrets to Healthy Hooves. If you have a horse, or horses, it is in your best interest to know everything you can about hooves. This book is available on Kindle from Amazon or from Gwen's website, Barefoot Trim.

And, of course, my novel, First They Came for the Cows. I sent copies to Senator Patrick Leahy, Dr. Neil Hammerschmidt, and Secretary Tom Vilsack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.