December 19, 2006

Vermont shrugs off yoke of NAIS and premises registration

Here’s the news! Vermont did not apply for the FY 2007 CA, so NAIS and prem reg is dead in Vermont. I spoke with our state vet today and he gave me the news. When I asked him where that leaves Vermont he said, “There is a voluntary program at the Federal level.”

I do not believe for a second that this is all over in Vermont but I do believe that we have a huge advantage now. New Ag secretary and under secretary coming in, no funds from the Feds for at least a year, though I bet they won’t be able to apply for FY 2008 money either because they will be so far behind in the benchmarks, all that would leave me to think their only hope would be to get legislation passed.

What a good Christmas present!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.