September 16, 2005

Doing something about it!

Last night was Vermont's Republican caucus night. I was invited because someone told someone else that I am an "old fashioned" Republican, which I assume means ultra conservative.

Anyway, there were maybe 15 people in attendance. That was a surprise and delight to the chairman. He said there have been years when there were only 3 or 4 who would come. I was the second youngest person there, if that tells you anything. As I understand it, there are about 650 Republicans in our town. Nobody knows for sure because of a Vermont law that does not require one to register their party allegiance, you just register to vote. As far as I can tell the population (21 and older) of the town and village is around 3,300.

I was nominated to be Vice Chair, which I accepted. Might as well get my feet wet in local politics.

Hen

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Good for you. Getting involved is always a good idea and even though we may not always agree politically, it is wonderful that people care enough to get involved

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.