March 22, 2005

Dear Michael Shiavo,

I'm sure you are weary of the public attention of what you would have preferred remain private. You must have your reasons for wanting Terri's feeding tube removed. The media has said that you said Terri said she wouldn't want to be kept alive by artificial means. But you have no proof. If you've accomplished anything it is that people are rushing to figure out living wills.

I just have one question for you (sure wish I could ask you in person so I could see your eyes when you answer): have you no compassion, man? Terri's passing will cause so much pain and anguish for her parents.

I guess I have another question as well. Why not divorce Terri? You already have an adulterous relationship that has brought two children into the world. Wouldn't it be better for them to have a married mother and father?

Another question, but this time for your girlfriend. How can you go to sleep at night knowing that the man you spoon with is cruel. Do you not think that he can be cruel to you and your children as well? He certainly has the capacity.

Aside from Jesus dying on the cross, this has to be one of the saddest events in human history. It is illegal in every state, and probably in every civilized society, to starve an animal to death.

God be with you,
Hen

1 comment:

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.