March 24, 2009

Marti, let's rightly divide the Word Truth, shall we?


Marti, I'm promoting your comment to my previous post because it deserves it. Let me make my comments to your comments. I tried to become your friend at Bebo but so far no luck. In all fairness, I did a bit of googling and understand that you are a transgendered person. That would explain the venom in your comments.

Apparently you would like to force your religion on others.

No, not at all. I am simply a follower of Jesus, not attached to the dogma of organized religion. I use the Bible as my "owner's manual", if you will. It contains the truth about living here on earth.

You mock the transgender rights bill without looking at anything underneath it.

I didn't mock you, but I'm not going to look under your skirt, if that is what you are saying.

The FACTS are that a transgender person has NEVER molested or raped anyone in a restroom, and there HAVE been assaults of transgender people in restrooms. Bottom line is that if you want to protect women and children, stop them from going to church. Because there HAVE BEEN rapes and molestations by pastors.

Facts are pretty slippery things, aren't they? That is a pretty broad statement, and when I see the word never I am pretty sure the opposite is going to be the truth. Truth is different than facts.

Yes, there have been abuses by members of the clergy, and by fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. All are sinners. Every single person on the face of the earth is a sinner.

Seriously, I think you would make Christ vomit. I most certainly think he will say "I never knew thee" to you.

Wow. That's mean. Ouch. Fortunately I don't believe it and it doesn't shake me that you say either of those things.

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."

My friend and I were talking about your comment and she observed how interesting it is which verses from the bible have sunk into people who wouldn't ordinarily use any part of the bible as a guidepost for how to live a righteous life.

Christ's heart was full of compassion and love for sinners of all flavors. He said he came to save, not condemn.

He came for one reason, and one reason only; that is to have people put away their sinful ways and go back to being in right relationship with God, who was really Himself in human form. Yes, that is why God became a human and was killed, crucified so that mankind would return to the right relationship that He desired. Didn't Jesus say to the prostitute, "Go and sin no more"?

He ate with my kind, not yours.

Talk about being judgmental. You have no idea what condition I was in when the Lord called me to himself. No idea what so ever. I was a drug addict, a whore, the lowest of lows. The grace and mercy that the Lord has given me, well, there are no words to help you understand. Best move of my life, though, being saved, born again.

He wasn't smarmy, he didn't take sin and smear it in the face of others. His life was about free will and following God, yet you seem to think you have a better way.

I don't think I have a better way. What I know is what is truth. This is where most people misunderstand what Jesus was about. He was not about free will and following God. He was about getting people back into right relationship with God and that gate is narrow. Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.


You want to force your way of life on everyone around you. Why is that? You speak of Sodom and Gomorrah, but not Christ's love. Why is that?

But I am talking of Christ's love. He wants everyone on the face of the planet to turn back to God. He stands in between pleading your case, my case, the cases of everyone. We are all sinners...ALL. I speak of Sodom and Gomorrah because the truth is that we are headed there. There was homosexuality there. Gensis 19:3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Instead of being the Pharisee, maybe you should look in your heart and give YOUR life to Christ instead of trying to banish others to hell, trying to get them to come to Christ in fear, rather than in love.

But I have given my life to Christ. I don't want to banish you to hell but rather have you turn away from sin (any sin, we are all sinners, ALL).

1 John 4:17-19 (New International Version)

17In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 19We love because he first loved us.

I am interested in you knowing perfect love from God so that you understand that what you felt about yourself, feeling that you were born into the wrong skin or gender, is not the truth.

Christ calls you to love the sinner. Is this post doing that?

My post is about how gay marriage and transexuals ought not to have extra special 'rights' because all rights are endowed by God. Homosexuals and transgenders have all of the same rights as everyone else. It is not for the state to decide to empower you if you cannot empower yourself through the truth. The truth may not feel all squishy and good. The truth may not be to your liking, but the truth is the truth. God does not lie. God cannot see sin.

Please, I don't want to spend eternity with the likes of you in hell.

I am not going to hell. I know where I am spending eternity.

Please repent and follow your God's wishes. Don't make hell worse for us sinners by joining us. I'm sure hell will be full of the self righteous. And for the record, I don't care if you delete this. You read it. Your own heart and scripture will judge you.

I bet by this point in your writing you were just so filled with anger that you had to write all that. You are afraid, aren't you that you will spend eternity separated from God. Right at this very second (the second you read this if you come back to see if I might have replied) you can turn it all around. God will meet you right where you are. All you have to do is ask Him to make your life right. Tell him you know you are a sinner (we are all sinners, ALL) and you want to be restored to him.

Let me leave you with this and then I'll leave the rest to God.

Romans 6:19 (New International Version)

19I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.