May 19, 2008

May I be bold? Let me tell you a truth.


[I'm going to take a break from reporting about NAIS for a little while. It is more important at this point to give you, dear reader, the tools with which you can be saved from the coming struggles. - Hen]

The truth is this: Jesus is real. Now, if you are an unbeliever you are going to take exception to that truth and you may even get angry and think me "one of those...a bible thumper", though you will be wrong.

I was not brought up believing in Jesus, no. It was in 1996 that I took heed of God's call to me. In retrospect, I can see that He was calling me my whole life. It took me 46 years to pay attention. In these twelve years I have ample evidence that Jesus is real and that is what I want to share with you.

The Bible is the owners manual for living on earth. We are all sinners, everyone of us. My own sin is ever before me, can't get away from it even though I'd like it if I didn't sin. I'm sure God would, too, but really it is impossible to not be a sinner. That is why Jesus was crucified, a perfect man made imperfect, to atone for the sins off all of us, every person since the beginning until the end. You might think that is unreasonable, but you must remember that God's ways are different (and higher) than our ways, so our own logic and understanding cannot puzzle that out on our own.

Of course, the world is telling a different story, as it has always told a different story. That story is 180 degrees opposite of the truth.

God loves YOU desperately, desperately...deeply, madly, truly. He wants to give you everything He has in mind for you. Why do you resist getting gifts from the maker of the universe? Since God made the universe and knows all the stars by name, He is where everything your heart desires is to be found. Why not look to Him?

Oh, I understand your unbelief, I really do. Ask yourself what have you got to lose by just trying? You have more to lose by not trying, that's for sure. And don't let your pride (that's for you, Pop) stand in the way. Don't be stiff-necked because you don't understand what is at stake; being separated from God for all of eternity.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)

The truth, again, is that God wants you to return to Him, He has a plan for your life, a much better life than you could ever get on your own, and Jesus is real!

Ready for the challenge? Say this prayer. You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it and everything to gain.



"Father, my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

Come on back and tell me what happens after you say it.

Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful post. I have been a Christian since I was 14 (baptised at 16) although I did not have a home church and was not seeking to follow God for many years. Several years ago we finally found a wonderful church home and have become part of that family. The church contributes *tremendously* to our Christian growth and our walk with God. ( http://islandpondbc.org if you don't mind!)

    Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.