January 24, 2008

DATCP Posts Incorrect Email Address on Website


This is an update to the post yesterday about Wisconsin and DATCP.

We want to tell DATCP that signing up farmers and other animal owners against their will under proposed rule changes ATCP 10, 12 and 17 – Wisconsin's Animal Health Rules is unconstitutional and they need to stop their proposed rule changes relating to implementing NAIS in WI. The Amish and others who object for constitutional reasons do not want to be added to a National Animal ID System, and have rights guaranteed by the constitution to not submit to a government sponsored ID program. As some one emailed me a few days ago, he just got it, this is Real ID for animals, and property. Many have been emailing that DATCP website has been posting the incorrect email address. While this email was taken directly from the their web site, it has been found to be incorrect and has bounced. Some people report that an alternate address works.

On their site it is listed as melissa.mace@wi.gov and the correct address is melissa.mace@wisconsin.org, or at least that is an address that has been getting through and not bouncing back for some people. This is inexcusable, and I would like to know what can be done and how my legislators can assist, so I have asked them. I urge you all to ask yours. Attached is also a snapshot that I took of the page that proves this information has been out there as incorrect.[I have not included this file - Henny]

http://datcp.state.wi.us/ah/agriculture/animals/health/index.jsp is the full link. Take a snapshot (control+S on a PC) and save this email to send to WI legislators and let them know that DATCP is denying you your right to submit information. I would suggest that anyone wishing to submit comments use the web site today, https://apps4.dhfs.state.wi.us/admrules/public/Search enter (Enter CR07-107 as the search term as directed by DATCP on the same page), but when I try it, it yields no results as well.

If you do an open search for Department of Ag, Trade and Consumer Protection, you can find ATCP rule 17, where you can then log in, and submit comments. Why would we log into a government website? And who knows if the snail mail address is correct? We cannot get our information to the correct people, without compromising our beliefs, so how can we speak?

Or perhaps that is the point.

I don't know about you friends, but I am tired. Not tired enough to lie down, but sick and tired of not being heard, what part about NO to NAIS are these people missing? My parents raised me to respect No, and NO means NO. That is a value that I intend to pass along to my children. Reason number 4309 to keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but I usually get to them in a few hours.